09 August 2009

Deployment Day

So I knew this day would come sooner than later. I just didn't realize how soon it actually was and how unprepared I really felt. I am so proud of what soldiers do for our country and I'm happy Quinn is doing what he loves. I'm just selfish and would like him to come back now! :)
I've made it through about 2 days and within the two days a close family friend has passed away on top of Quinn leaving for a year. It's a test of my strength I guess and I'm working through it and still standing. I'm feeling a lot of stress and I hope it lifts soon. I have a few good friends around here and we'll be planning different things for the weekends to stay busy and I know that will help. Anyone who wants to come up for a visit is more than welcome. Bubba would love company too! Day 3 of approximately 365.

5 comments:

The Jeppson Family said...

You are always welcome down here. I will need lots of helpers :)

Kelli said...

I'm so sorry about your friend. Just take it one day at a time and lets hope this next year goes by FAST! You're always welcome to stay with us whenever you want!

Trudy Ann said...

if you ever need to call and cry to my voicemail you are more than welcome!

Nicole said...

thank you! i've been holding it together the past couple days. just hoping it doesn't get worse before it gets better :)

Tai and Joe said...

Oh I am so sorry. I can't imagine one full year. I am also very sorry about your friend. We will keep you in our prayers. One year will cruise by.