30 January 2012

Pinterest Inspiration

So maybe it's because I'm more into it or maybe just because I'm bored, but I wanted to write another post. My life isn't super interesting so I didn't really have anything to write about. Here's my attempt at something somewhat fun. I found all these craft ideas that I want to try from Pinterest. Unfortunately, I don't have much room to keep all of my fun little crafts at our house so I thought I would make a couple gifts. With the wedding coming up I wanted to get my sisters something extra for all the work they've put into helping me. I couldn't really think of anything. At first I thought I would do gift cards (to kind of help replenish some of the funds they've lost with this whole thing) and then I thought jewelry but remembered that I am not fashionable AT ALL and they always make fun of things I buy. Quinn secretly shares my interest in the crafts I found online so he suggested doing something more personal. Since my sisters don't follow my blog (or at least I don't think they do) I figured it was safe to post pictures.
This one is for my younger sister. I took the picture and I worked with photoshop to single out the yellow. I got an 8x10 picture printed and cut it into quarters. Quinn cut and sanded the wood and put the hooks on the back for me. It's just a more fun way to hang pictures instead of always having to use picture frames.
This one is for my older sister. I asked her to send me a few pictures from her wedding that she liked. I was hoping to use one with people, but since I had to cut it I found it easier to use something that wouldn't have it's eyes cut in half or something weird. I took the picture of her bouquet and again singled out one color. I know it doesn't seem creative to do the same thing twice, but they don't live together so I thought it would be ok. I told my mom that I used that picture over the other ones and she seemed to think it was a good idea because they never preserved her bouquet so at least now she'll have the picture displayed if she wants. The picture that I actually put on the wood squares had the quote she used for all of her wedding stuff (invitations, favors, programs, etc) which was "All I'm after is a life full of laughter as long as I'm laughing with you". I added in smaller print the date of their wedding 07.03.10. I think it turned out pretty cute for what it was. Hopefully they'll like them and find a place to display them.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I love those! So cute! I'm sure they will love them!

Allison said...

these are awesome! I might have to try it!

Tai and Joe said...

Darling! you should do those and sell them for real.

Nicole said...

I'd love to. They'd be so easy to put together and I could do pictures I take or ones that people send in. Great idea!