05 June 2013

What's Been Going On

So Quinn did leave for training 2 days before we were offered a house.  My mom and aunt were nice enough to come up during the week to help me move out of the cabin and into the house with the stuff we brought and the two cars.  We then drove two cars back down to NJ for the weekend since my shower was on Sunday.
My shower was nice.  My family rented a tent and tables and set it up in the backyard.  It was nice to have a less formal shower since I'm huge and probably wouldn't have been as comfortable in a restaurant for 3-4 hours.  My mom and sisters made a lot of the food, but they did order KFC chicken as one of the dishes since I love it (gross to some I suppose).  We had a small group come, but it was nice and everyone was super generous.  We got a lot of the big items so there are only a handful of things left to pick up now.  Too bad the closest Babies R Us is an hour away.  That will be a trip for another day.
My parents drove the 6 hours back with me to help unload most of the shower gifts.  It didn't all fit between the two cars since I still had a few things at my sister's house so I'll have to head back down at some point to pick up the rest.
Household good arrived 2 days after my parents left (figures...) so I have been busy with that.  It's a lot harder to unpack boxes and set up a house when you're 30 weeks pregnant.  I've been taking my time.  It's been almost a week and I only have about 10 boxes left to unpack although I haven't put everything from the other boxes away yet.  The downstairs is pretty much done besides finding spots for little things to go.  My goal is to have the whole house done and put away by next weekend.  Quinn will be back the following week so I'm sure it will be nice for him to have a somewhat put together house.
Other than that there isn't much going on.  I'm starting to feel really uncomfortable, but I only have about 9 weeks left so I guess it could be worse.
Here are a few pictures from the shower:






No comments: