07 May 2013

Rough Day

Today has been a little tough. Quinn just found out he'll be leaving for training most likely before we get offered a house and before my shower in NJ. My family is more than willing to help, but it's so frustrating. I can't really move much on my own at this point so I'm at the mercy of anyone willing to stop what they're doing just to move my stuff and pick me up. I hate feeling helpless. If his training was pushed back a week we wouldn't have any issues.
The fact that he is required to go out for training also means he'll deploy later on this year. 9 months gone is better than 12, but it still stinks. He'll miss most of our first child's first year. I hate to complain about it because I knew what I was getting myself into, and I hate seeing women throwing a fit that their husbands are deploying. I know there is always a chance for this to happen, but I was hoping we might bypass this one since they aren't sending everyone.
I've been relatively calm throughout this pregnancy (which is not my personality at all), but this has all thrown me for a loop. I'm sad for Quinn, I'm sad for me, and I'm sad for the baby. I know things could be way worse so I'm trying to be grateful for the fact that this isn't a big deal in the long run and we'll get past it. I'm giving myself today to try and put myself back together.

1 comment:

The Jeppson Family said...

Your allowed a "pity party". Don't be so hard on yourself. Of course your going to be upset. I am so sorry! I wish we were there now, and I would just come up and stay with you for a week while getting you moved in and unpacked. During this next year, you are welcome down to our house whenever and however often and long you want!