12 February 2010

1 year

I thought I would put together a quick post about the past year. I have been in Washington for just over a year now, and a lot has gone on. I say 'I' because although Quinn was the one who brought us here, he has been missing for about half of it. We moved here in mid January 2009. Since then Quinn has done training in Yakima, WA as well as down at Fort Irwin, CA. So what else has happened?? Well, I got a job, my sister got engaged, I bought a new car, Quinn deployed, I lost my job, lost two very close people in my life, found a new job, made a few friends, have been trying to get in shape for a half marathon, moved to a new place, and learned a little more about myself in the process. To say things have changed is an understatement. There have been a lot of superficial changes over the last year, but I think the internal changes have affected me the most. I'm not sure how it will all play out in the long run, but hopefully everything will work. All you can do is continue living and see where it takes you I guess.

No comments: