26 November 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Quinn said Thanksgiving over there was pretty good. The candied yams were his favorite (that would figure...it's sweet). Bubba and I had dinner here together. I made a traditional Thanksgiving dinner minus regular vegetables since I don't like them anyway. I made the turkey with stuffing and mashed potatoes. I also put an apple crisp together for dessert. Everything came out ok. Not as good as Thanksgiving at my parents, but good enough. Although it was quiet, we had a nice time. I'm resting up to battle the crowds tomorrow!


my kind of pumpkin pie


bubba wanted to help

3 comments:

Tai and Joe said...

I love that picture of battle in the apron. I am glad you had a fun Thanksgiving. I am sad that you were by yourself. Joe is heading up to Fort Lewis on Monday tell the 13th. I am sad he is going to be gone for two weeks. I admire you handling a deployment.

Nicole said...

Bubba didn't cooperate very well for the apron picture but he got treats so he was happy! It's been a long 4 months but I've been keeping busy and that makes the time go by faster. If Joe needs anything while he's up here tell him to give me a call! You'll do fine with the two weeks. He'll be back before you know it :)

Kelli said...

Bubba is so cute and that food looks amazing!! Those cookies are soo fun! I bet Kaylan would love those. I'll have to look them up.

Keep hanging in there! I know it must be hard, especially around the holidays. Aaron's headed to Korea for a few months of training in March, then Oklahoma for even more training later in the year, then deployment the beginning of 2011. I'm scared to death but know life will just have to go on as normal and I'm lucky I've got two girls to keep my busy. You're doing great!