07 August 2012

Birthday

So I just celebrated my 27th birthday on the 2nd.  Quinn and my family all went in on a new camera lens for me.  I will need to upgrade to a different camera body at some point, but I felt like it was smarter for me to get a better lens first.
Quinn and I went to hibachi for dinner and had fun.  I appreciated that he didn't let them know it was my birthday.  I get too embarrassed.  On the 3rd we decided to save some money and opted to go to Six Flags Over Georgia instead of doing a weekend away like we originally planned.  We both enjoy theme parks and rides so we figured it would be a fun thing to do.  Apparently we forgot that we've gotten old.  We made it through 2 roller coasters and needed Sprite to settle our stomachs.  I think we were able to get on 4 or 5 rides the whole time we were there.  The lines weren't crazy, but we waited at least a half hour on each ride and it really takes a lot of the day.  We still had fun but decided that we probably won't be doing that again anytime soon.
The rest of the weekend was quiet.  I guess when you get old birthdays are low key.
Next up is Quinn's birthday in September.  We'll be in NJ, but I think I'm going to have my sister make a cake for him to celebrate.  It'll be the first Gallagher Family Picnic that Quinn attends in the 6 years that we've been together.  We don't have as big of a turnout as we used to, but it's still fun to spend the day eating and drinking with people you don't see very often.  I'll make sure to get some pictures!

No comments: