29 June 2012

Isabel's 90th Birthday

I drove down from Columbus to Clearwater Beach last weekend.  It took about 7 1/2 hours, but didn't feel too bad.  My uncle's mother turned 90 and they were having a party for her.  She knew some people would be there, but wasn't aware that there was going to be 50 people flying and driving in to see her.  I left Friday morning and got to the hotel around 3pm.  My parents and sister weren't getting in until about 11pm so I had time to walk on the beach and take a nap.  Around 8pm when my family was supposed to fly out they found out that because of all the bad weather and flight crew problems they were going to be delayed.  Finally at 4am I headed to pick them up.  Of course at that point we couldn't go to sleep so my sister and I went for a run, walked on the beach (she collected shells and I took pictures), and then by 8 we got in bathing suits and headed in the water.  We figured we'd get it in while we could since Tropical Storm Debby was on her way in.
Sunday my dad and uncle picked up my younger sister from the airport and early that afternoon we went to the party.  The storm was crazy and the roads were overflowing.  Good thing I had my car, because smaller cars were having some trouble getting through.  We were drenched by the time we got to the restaurant door.
The party was a lot of fun.  Isabel was really surprised and happy to see so many people that she hadn't seen in a lot of years.  I think it had been at least 10 years since we last saw her.
The weekend was fun even with the bad weather.
Photos to come soon!

1 comment:

The Jeppson Family said...

Glad you were safe. Have to admit...I was a bit worried :)