08 December 2011

Thanksgiving and Shower

So we've had a pretty busy month. We headed to NJ the day before Thanksgiving and it was a very long drive. I knew we would hit traffic but after 14 hours in the car you just want to be there, but we sat for another 2 hours. Thanksgiving was fun. We saw a lot of family and friends and ate a lot of food. Friday we had a memorial service for my grandfather who passed away the week before. It was a nice service, but the church's heat wasn't working so it was a very cold hour. I felt like we literally ate the whole weekend away. We had lunch after and then went out to dinner with friends later on. Saturday was my bridal shower. It was a circus theme and very cute. My family and friends did a great job putting it together. We got so much stuff it barely fit in Quinn's truck. When we got back we had 2 days to move into our new place. We spent all of Monday moving and Tuesday morning we finished up and cleaned the old place. It was crazy. We're under 3 months left for the wedding so I had to get the invitations finished up and mailed out. So with half our our place unpacked I was sitting on the floor putting invitations together. It's been a mess.
Quinn agreed to get a Christmas tree this year. First tree in 5 years together. It was a lot of fun. He even offered to go on a drive through Christmas light show in a couple weeks. It's supposed to be a really good event so I'm excited.
I'll upload a few pictures later :)

2 comments:

The Jeppson Family said...

Did the shower gift I sent make it...or did it get saved for Christmas? Looks like you had a FUN weekend...tell my brother to stop being a scrooge, a Christmas tree is a must every year :) You guys should come to Germany for christmas next year...we could go to tons of Christmas markets! (wink, wink)

Nicole said...

That would be awesome. I'm still up in the air about if I want to try for Germany next. I think it would be so much fun, but it's tough to be that far. I did get the shower gift. Hopefully your thank you and invite get to you soon. The dish is so pretty. I've used it to put cookies on already :)