19 June 2010

BBQ

So I'm planning on having a little barbecue tomorrow to kick off summer. However, it must have slipped my mind that I am in Washington. Summer is the shortest season of the year and of course it hasn't felt like spring so we have even less hope of it feeling like summer. The news said that Alaska has hit 75 degrees 3 times this year already and Denver over 20 times. Seattle...0 We have yet to break 75. Tomorrow was supposed to be 70 and partly sunny (the best that we can get at this point) so I thought 'Great day for some kabobs and wine'. Unfortunately, the weather man was wrong and now we're expecting mid 60's and showers on and off. Despite the terrible change in the forecast, I will be hosting a barbecue. I made a dozen or so mini hamburger cupcakes to try to coax summer out of hiding. Here you go summer. Burgers!!!

No comments: