14 April 2010

8 Months

So we've made it. We're a little over 3/4 of the way done with the deployment. It's crazy because it seemed to go pretty quickly, but then I just think that there are still 3 1/2 more of these long months to go. I don't know how deployments usually go since I've never been through one before, but Quinn and I don't really have a lot to talk to say to each other anymore. I don't know if that's normal or if that's a bad thing or what. I don't do a whole lot and he does a lot but it's a lot of the same stuff over and over. I think he's pretty ready to come home though. There's a possibility that he'll be back a little before the year is up which would be great, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I don't think that deployments will ever be easy, but it's nice to know that I've made it this far without breaking down completely. It's good to know I can handle it.

2 comments:

Lori Romney said...

I can't even imagine how hard it must be. Hang in there!

The Jeppson Family said...

Never doubted you could do it! Matt came home 3 weeks shy of his total 15 months...generally there is some kind of overlap over there and they want to make sure the guys are home before their time is up. Will cross my fingers for you!